- Help with the decisions you need to make about premises on behalf of your company
- A one-off session or on-going support – you decide
Our advice could save you thousands – view our price list
Who are we?
We are commercial property problem solvers in Hampshire UK. We help businesses with their premises challenges saving them time and money. Among other things, we offer training and mentoring sessions to improve knowledge and skills so that you can feel confident that you will be able to achieve the best deal for you and your company.
When would you use a mentoring session
- If you have a break clause in your lease and want to make best use of it.
- If the dreaded rent review is looming and you need to know how to challenge it.
- If you are struggling to make the rent payments.
- If you are not satisfied with the terms that have been agreed and would like to get them clarified.
- If your lease is coming to an end in the next 12 months and you need to move premises completely but don’t know where to start.
- If you are thinking about buying a property and investing in your business that way but need some help.
- If you would like your lease explained to you in simple terms so you are on a level playing field with your landlord.
- If your landlord seems to be offering you a good deal but you would like to be sure.
- If your business is growing and you want to make the next step up in premises.
- The agent is putting you under pressure to sign but you want reassurance.
We can help you by:
- Passing on as much of Jim’s 35 years of experience and knowledge as you need to make that vital decision.
- Equipping you with facts and skills needed to achieve the best deal and most suitable premises for your business.
- Giving you the confidence to take the next steps/negotiate matters that you would have never previously attempted.
- Providing you with information on everything relevant for your immediate purpose.
- Making you aware of potential pitfalls and implications.
- Helping you get a good understanding of what is reasonable and achievable in an agreement.
What will you learn
- What to look for within the lease and the property that perhaps you wouldn’t have thought of before.
- How to spot liabilities you may find yourself accountable for.
- How you can safeguard yourself against clauses that could lead to legal issues.
- How to recognise unusual or onerous terms.
- The pros and cons of what you are about to embark on
- Commitments you’ll be asked to take on and why.
- Which questions to ask and how to ask them when dealing with the landlord and their agent.
- What all the jargon on the legal documents means.
- The dos and don’ts of searching for and identifying premises.
How should you prepare?
- If you have a current lease (and you know where it is!) it would be worth digging it out.
- Jot down a list of questions or any concerns you have.
- If you have any information on property/locations/ideals, have these available.
- Think about how you are expecting to develop your business over the next few weeks/months/years.
- Don’t worry about asking questions that you may feel are irrelevant or obvious, we’ve heard them all!
- Think about what you would like to achieve from the mentoring.
- Write a couple of notes briefly summarising your business and what you need the premises to do for you.
How much will it cost?
- This does depend a lot on what you want but a one off meeting is at a fixed fee of £395
What will you receive?
- 2 hours (longer if necessary!) of advice and guidance focussed on your business
- Answers to all your questions.
- A needs analysis – what premises the business plan demands up to and beyond the business horizon
- Useful printouts of information/tips to assist you with impending correspondence and conversations.
Where does it take place?
- Preferably away from distractions.
- A mutually convenient café/hotel foyer.
What should you do next?
- Dust off that copy of your lease if you have it
- Email email@example.com with your details and wait for a phone call. We will respond within 24 hours!
What if you still need help after the session?
- You will still have access to us immediately afterwards with any query that arises out of the session.
- The meeting is designed to be a one-off but it doesn’t have to be, an affordable fee package is available to suit your needs ensuring we can be on hand to provide support, advice and guidance at any point you require it.
- If a question arises on a different topic that we can help with, either another session will be organised or we can take on the project for you at an hourly rate.
Why should you spend this money?
- Premises are one of your biggest overheads, and it represents a BIG DEAL – you need to get it right.
- You have a full time job already and need to run your business, so why not spend a couple of hours preparing so you can deal with this thoroughly and efficiently rather than fumbling through and then running out of time?
- You could save yourself thousands of pounds. That’s never a bad thing!
- The agent works for your landlord, so will be looking after their best interests not yours, but ultimately it’s you that will be occupying the premises, so shouldn’t your best interests be looked after?
- You can’t be an expert in everything. If you think it’s the same as dealing with residential property – you are very wrong!
Will it work?
- Absolutely! Whatever the outcome, we can guarantee that you will come away with valuable information that you will be able to put to good use. If you don’t believe us, just see what a few of our clients say about it…..